Choices and Changes, an Institute for Health Care communication designed program presents health care providers with an opportunity to explore their own beliefs about the behaviour change process and to test out these beliefs against the current evidence-based best practice.
A C&C workshop is either 4.5 or 6 hours in length. During each workshop, participants receive:
- 1 main-pro credit per hour
- Choices and Changes: Clinician Influence and Patient Action Workbook
- Light breakfast
- Skilled facilitators who understand the contextual reality of working in health care settings
In this one-day interactive workshop, facilitators help you develop a capacity to influence patient health behaviours from compliance with medication regimens to curbing risky actions. A model will be presented which enables you to have a positive impact on your patient’s behaviour in a brief office visit.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Describe the role of the provider as a facilitator of change;
- Identify specific strategies to assess the provider's role in the change process
- Describe 2 skills to influence changing patient’s behaviour, which apply to situations in the clinical setting; and
- Demonstrate techniques to use in clinical settings to influence change